Change these sentences from ACTIVE to PASSIVE VOICE.
- Present Simple Tense
- Our grocer sells good tea.
Good tea is sold by our grocer.
- Do the students understand the lesson?
Is the lesson understood by the students?
- Who breaks this window?
By whom is this window broken?
- Present Continuous Tense
- The teacher is teaching the students.
The students are being taught by the teacher.
- The gardener is cutting the grass.
The grass is being cut by the gardener.
- Is Jim doing his homework?
Is Jim’s homework being done?
- Present Perfect Tense
- The little girl has dropped the toy.
The toy has been dropped by the little girl.
- Has the postman delivered any letters ?
Have any letters been delivered by the postman?
- We have not seen our father for years.
Our father has not been seen for years.
- I have written several letters.
Several letters have been written.
- Past Simple Tense
- The policeman caught the thief.
The thief was caught by the policeman.
- Did you eat all the oranges ?
Were all the oranges eaten?
- The dentist pulled out one of my teeth last week.
One of my teeth was pulled out by the dentist last week.
- The teacher punished me when I talked in class.
I was punished by the teacher when I talked in class.
- Past Continuous Tense
- The servant was cleaning the car.
The car was being cleaned by the servant.
- Was Tony making the noise ?
Was the noise being made by Tony?
- The girl was picking the flowers.
The flowers were being picked by the girl.
- Past Perfect Tense
- After they had read those books they left.
After those books had been read, they left.
- I had never visited England
England had never been visited (by me) before.
- They had finished the game before noon.
The game had been finished before noon.
- Future Simple Tense
- He will break the glass if he is not careful.
The glass will be broken if he is not careful.
- I will sing a new song.
A new song will be sung (by me).
- Will you visit us tomorrow ?
Shall we be visited (by you) tomorrow?